Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means I may receive a very small commission, at no cost to you, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. For more information, click here.
The room was originally painted beige with beige trim and crown molding. I painted the walls very light gray using Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Full Moon (Behr – 780E-2). It’s the same color as the entry and living room. The trim and crown molding were painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra satin Ultra Pure White. One end of the room has red wall paper on the lower half of the wall. I plan on removing the wall paper and painting the walls dark gray using Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Dark Granite (Behr – 780F-6).
Other improvements were:
– Replaced the ceiling vent registers.
– Replaced the return air vent grilles.
– Placed LED light bulbs in the chandelier over the dining table.
– Removed the doors between the dining room and kitchen to make it a bit more open.
– We later decided to enlarge the opening between the kitchen and dining room.
– Removed the blinds and put up curtain rods and curtains.
We hired an electrician to update the electrical work in our house. For this room, that was:
– Removed the light switch for the living room that was near the kitchen and put a light switch for the kitchen lights in its place.
– Replaced the wall outlets with white decorator outlets. White decorator wall plates were used on the new outlets.
– Replaced the toggle light switches with white decorator rocker switches. White decorator wall plates were used on the new switches.