Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means I may receive a very small commission, at no cost to you, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. For more information, click here.
The room we are using as a game room was built to use as a master bedroom. This room is located behind the kitchen and breakfast room, and we converted one of the closets in this room into a really great walk-in pantry (see the house floor plan). This room has a nice size bathroom off of it and part of that bathroom is what we call the guest half bath. This is another room that we finished last year, but I’m just now getting around to writing about it.
The room was originally painted light blue with off-white trim, crown molding, and doors. I painted the walls gray using Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Anonymous (Behr – 780F-5) and the ceiling was painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Full Moon (Behr – 780E-2). The trim, crown molding, and doors were painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra satin Ultra Pure White. The interior of the closet was painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte Ultra Pure White.
This room had carpet, but we wanted to have wood floors in here like in a lot of other areas of our home. So, we had the carpet ripped out and new flooring installed. It looks great!
Other improvements were:
– Hired someone to remove the popcorn ceiling.
– Replaced the ceiling vent register.
– Replaced the return air vent grille.
– Placed LED light bulbs in the ceiling fan and the closet light fixture.
– Replaced the pull chains on the fan.
– Replaced the bronze door knob on the game room door with a Baldwin satin nickel knob.
– Replaced the bronze door knobs on the closet doors with Baldwin satin nickel hall/closet knob.
– Replaced the bronze door hinges on both doors with satin nickel hinges.
– Installed new doorstops for the game room door and closet door.
– Replaced the windows.
We hired an electrician to update the electrical work in our house. For this room, that was:
– Replaced the ceiling fan.
– Replaced the outlets with white decorator outlets.
– Replaced the toggle light switches with white decorator rocker switches.
– Replaced the cable outlets with white decorator coax cables.
– Replaced the phone jack with a white decorator jack.
– Had hardwired smoke/carbon monoxide alarms installed in the house – one alarm was placed in this room.
It’s great to have it finished and the pool table finally set up and ready to use! This is a fun room to have! We haven’t been using the game room much lately, but it’s great to have when we want to relax and shoot some pool.