Note: This post contains affiliate links. That means I may receive a very small commission, at no cost to you, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase. For more information, click here.
Between the kitchen and master bedroom is a hallway. This hallway has three closets on the interior side, and the other side has windows with a great view of the deck and backyard. One closet is a utility closet that houses a water heater and furnace. Another closet is a linen closet that’s great for storing our sheets, quilts, and afghans. The last closet has one shelf and a closet rod, so it could hold all sorts of things. Since it’s near the back door, we currently store items like bird seed and grilling tools.
The room was originally painted off-white with off-white trim, crown molding, and doors. I painted the walls gray using Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Dark Granite (Behr – 780F-6). I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Full Moon (Behr – 780E-2) on the ceiling. The trim, crown molding, and doors were painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra satin Ultra Pure White. The interiors of the closets were painted with Behr Premium Plus Ultra matte/flat Ultra Pure White.
This room had a reddish tile that we didn’t care for, so one of our big projects was having the flooring replaced. We chose Mirasol ML70 – Bianco Carrara, a porcelain tile that looks like marble. We liked the look of the 12 x 24 tiles, so we went with that in a brick pattern. This is the same flooring that is in the breakfast room.
Other improvements were:
– Replaced the ceiling vent register.
– Replaced the return air grille.
– Cut a vent hole in the utility closet door, and installed grilles on the interior and exterior of the door.
– Placed LED light bulbs in the recessed lighting.
– Replaced the bronze door knobs on the closet doors with Baldwin satin nickel knobs.
– Replaced the bronze door hinges on all closet doors with satin nickel hinges.
– Installed a new doorstop for the back door.
– Replaced the particle board shelves in the closets with real wood shelves.
– Replaced the windows.
We hired an electrician to update the electrical work in our house. For this room, that was:
– Replaced the outlets with white decorator outlets.
– Replaced the toggle light switches with white decorator rocker switches.
– Installed hardwired smoke/carbon monoxide alarms in the house – one alarm was placed in this room.
I think the hallway looks great! I love the sliding windows. It’s so nice to walk down the hall and look out the windows to see the backyard. Plus, the closets provide great storage space!